Local businesses and organizations enjoy many benefits to belonging to the Lopez Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber publishes the Map and Guide to Lopez Island and hosts many activities throughout the year. Members are also listed on our website, which has very high traffic from people searching for businesses or activities on Lopez Island. If you have questions or would like to receive a Membership application please feel free to Contact Us, and we’ll be in touch, or you could print out the form HERE.
Active local business – includes website listing & link. Map & Guide listing available for an extra fee.
Non-business member – resident of Lopez or Community Organizations
OPTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEES
Map & Guide Listing (Membership Required, business or associate).
Village Map Listing (Membership Required, business or associate).
What the Chamber does to support our members –
- Maintain and staff an office to assist visitors and support our membership. Please feel free to make your brochures available in the office for our walk in visitors.
- Produce and distribute the Map & Guide of Lopez Island (print 22,000)
- Produce and distribute the Lopez Village Map
- Maintain a comprehensive website and a database for our membership, which is heavily visited by internet users. Our website links to your business website and to the Directory
- Send out a bi-weekly email newsletter with current events and member announcements to our members and a large group of non-member subscribers.
- Maintain an online Community Calendar of events.
- Provide a community bulletin board at Lopez Village Market
- Provide a link to the San Juan Islands Visitors Bureau, which is the County’s tourism entity, and maintain a working relationship with Orcas and San Juan Chambers.
- Maintain and manage the grounds, shower and restrooms in the Village Park from April 1 to November 1. This includes providing recycle and trash bins.
Our all-volunteer Chamber Board members meet once a month and are the backbone of all the responsibilities listed above. Being part of our board is another way of staying in touch with the business climate on the island and being part of the effort to provide a positive experience to visitors while protecting the way of life that draws people here to live.
The Lopez Island Chamber of Commerce is a 501© (6) Not for Profit Corporation. Most expenses are deductible as business expenses, but are not considered charitable contributions. We are a volunteer organization dedicated to strengthening the businesses in our community.
Current members receive renewal information every October. Forms and fees are due December 15. If you have misplaced your form you can download the Membership Renewal Form.